Would you like to feel calm and confident about birth, and ready for anything that comes your way?
Hypnobirthing is a full birth preparation course that can help to give you a wonderful birth experience – no matter the circumstances.
You will finish the course feeling calmer, more confident, and more informed about birth, and your birth partner will know exactly how to support you!
We prepare for all the other big events of our lives (weddings, job interviews, big sports challenges), so why wouldn’t we prepare for birth? I’ve designed my courses so that you’ll feel really prepared for your labour, and the birth of your baby. After all, it’s a massive event in your lifetime (and your baby’s); one that will be with you forever. It can give you and your baby the best start on your new journey into parenthood. Hypnobirthing does stack the odds in your favour of a calm, unmedicated birth if that’s your aim, but is it powerful for ALL births (I should know! See the ‘About Me’ section).
What will you learn about?
You’ll finish my classes feeling calm and confident, and ready for a positive birth. You’ll learn everything you need to know to feel prepared and informed. The courses are full of useful practical information you won’t learn in classes outside of hypnobirthing.
The word ‘hypnobirthing’ can sound a bit new-age, but I promise I don’t teach anything ‘out-there’. What I teach is rooted in evidence-based science and psychology:
- What labour and birth is (what’s happening in your body)
- What to expect
- Tools to feel calm and relaxed during birth, and manage all the sensations of labour
- Different birth options and potential interventions (how to cope with the unexpected)
- Your birth choices and how best to work with your maternity professionals
- How to be a great birth partner
Plus loads and loads of useful, practical stuff that will make your birth experience so much smoother. Phew! That’s a lot, isn’t it?!
But what does ‘hypnobirthing’ actually mean?
‘Hypno’ – Deep relaxation is proven to help the human body cope with all sorts of situations, and is essential for a calm birth. It helps the right birthing hormones flow and so can assist in a smoother labour. No swinging pendulums involved here!
‘Birthing’ – We fear what we do not know, and how many of us know what actually happens to our bodies during birth? Hypnobirthing also teaches you about your choices, and tools to make informed decisions about your birth. We touch upon what things can happen during birth, and how to manage anything unexpected. Knowledge is power, and takes away so much of the fear.
Benefits of hypnobirthing:
- Practising hypnobirthing helps couples to release any fears of childbirth, helping you have a calmer and more relaxed pregnancy and birth.
- Hypnobirthing can reduce the need for pain relief during labour and birth.
- Practising Hypnobirthing may reduce the length of labour.
- Hypnobirthing teaches couples techniques to ask health professionals questions to become more informed about any possible interventions that may arise.
- Hypnobirthing helps a birth partner feel useful, and know how best to support the birthing mother.
- Hypnobirthing gives a greater likelihood of a calm, unmedicated birth.
- All of these benefits can mean you have an enjoyable birth experience, which can really set you up for a great start to parenthood!
I offer online group and one-to-one classes. When local restrictions allow, I will teach in-person classes as well as online.